Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty Photography by: Sasha Young
Raspberry Chia Fresca
Cha cha cha chia fresca. This raspberry infused drink recipe packs in loads of nutrients while quenching your thirst. It's easy, breezy to make and a lovely healthy addition to your routine.
We're always looking to incorporate chia into our diets in new ways. We add it on salads, into smoothies, and on our morning yoghurts, and now into our drinks. When chia is in liquid it expands and becomes "sprouted"-- this makes for easier digestion, as half of the work is done for your body already. Filled with incredible omega-3's, fiber, protein, and calcium, chia seeds are super good for you (as many of you know!) so drink them up!
This chia fresca recipe is a slightly sweet drink that is perfect for your summer picnics, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a nighttime quencher.
RASPBERRY CHIA FRESCA
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp mashed raspberries
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 3 cups / 750 ml (filtered) water
1. Measure out 3 cups of water, preferable filtered.
2. Add chia seeds, mashed raspberries, lemon juice and maple syrup and stir to combine.
3. Pour into a bottle. Place in the fridge and let sit for a couple of hours or overnight.
4. The chia seeds will expand with the liquid and turn gel-like. Shake before drinking.
5. Keeps for 3-5 days in the fridge.