Coconut Whipped Cream with GLOWnola & Peaches
This is what we will be eating for dessert all summer long-- Fresh Coconut Whipped Cream, Ripe Peaches, and our GLOWnola. It's pure HEAVEN if you ask us!!! Guilt-free and insanely delicious... This Coconut Whipped Cream recipe is a must. Coconut whipped cream is truly one of the most incredible inventions ever... it's essentially dairy-free whipped cream that is full of goodness. We sweeten it up with a bit of maple syrup and add a touch of vanilla extract for flavor. Mmmmm, you need to keep this in your fridge all. summer. long. Trust us! The addition of our GLOWnola adds the perfect cinnamon crunch... and ripe peaches are just what nature intends on you eating during the summer.
GLOW TIP: Always make sure to keep a batch of Coconut Whipped Cream in your fridge-- It's perfect for a quick dessert or even breakfast! (It's VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE if that's your thing too...)
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
- One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, or more to taste
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, with whisk attachment
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; overnight is best. If you're in a pinch, place it in the freezer.
2. Scoop out the firm layer of coconut cream that has risen to the top, this is the solidified part of the coconut milk that you will whip up. Don't include the water at the bottom (you can drink this or use it in smoothies if you'd like).
3. Place this coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, and whisk at high speed for about 3-5 minutes until you see it become light and fluffy with soft peaks.
4. Add in maple syrup and vanilla, and whip again until incorporated (about 1 minute or so).
5. Serve with fresh, ripe peaches, GLOWnola, and an extra dash of cinnamon, and ENJOY!
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty