Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
These deliciously savory, protein-packed chickpeas provide the perfect crunch. Enjoy them on their own as a healthy snack, or add to soups and salads for a #glowy upgrade. We always like to keep chickpeas in the pantry for an easy, quick and TASTY dose of protein to snack on. Our favorite way to enjoy them is roasted with seasoning so they become crunchy on the outside, still a little soft on the inside, and down-right addicting. Once you try these flavorful, lemony crunchies, you'll never look back.
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, patted dry
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of one large lemon (plus for lemon juice at the end)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 /4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional if you like spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac spice
- fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Place rinsed chickpeas in a bowl with oil, lemon zest, lemon juices, and all spices. Toss and coat the chickpeas well with this mixture.
3. Season chickpeas with salt and pepper-- taste, and see if it needs anymore lemon juice or spices.
4. Place coated chickpeas on a lined baking sheet. Spread out the chickpeas in an even layer so that they roast evenly.
5. Place in the pre-heated oven, for about 25–30 minutes, and make sure to stir it up half way through baking. You want the chickepas to get crispy and golden, but not too overcooked.
6. Once out of the oven, squeeze some more lemon juice on the chickpeas for some extra flavor. Let cool, and enjoy!