Gaby's Fall Persimmon Caprese Salad
This salad is genius. It's similar to a traditional caprese salad, but instead of tomatoes it's got ripe persimmons. FALL perfection.
Gaby's Fall Caprese Salad has it all-- sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy. YUM. This salad dish should not only be on your Thanksgiving table, but it should be a staple dish all fall-long.
GABY'S FALL CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
- 3 ripe fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 freshly made croutons
- 10 basil leaves
- balsamic creme / balsamic reduction for drizzling
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Arrange the persimmons and the fresh mozzarella on a serving dish.
2. Evenly distribute the croutons and basil leaves around the dish.
3. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. And drizzle about 1 tablespoon of balsamic creme on top and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
4. Serve immediately.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow // @whatsgabycookin
Photography by: Sasha Young