Gaby's Roasted Lemon Brussels Sprouts
These roasted lemon brussels sprouts are a must-know recipe. They're really easy to make, deliver a hit of healthy cruciferous nutrients, and will fill up your tummy with a smile.
Gaby's roasted lemon brussels sprouts are taken to the next level with the addition of garlic. You can choose to mince it up or leave them whole too-- which is our favorite way to prepare it. When you leave the garlic whole, they roast in the oven and become golden nuggets of deliciousness. Same thing goes with the lemons-- add in few wedges into the brussels sprouts mix and you'll get some good caramelization on those babies. Either way though, you will love the classic combination of garlic and lemon on these perfect little vegetables.
GABY'S ROASTED LEMON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 2 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated
- sea salt + pepper
1. Clean the Brussels sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once heated, add the halved Brussels sprouts to the pan and sauté for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
4. Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
6. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow // @whatsgabycookin
Photography by: Sasha Young