With this recipe, we're throwing it back to Dr. Seuss. We've got you covered on the green eggs part, all you have to bring is the ham! #GreenEggsAndGLOW
It's always more fun to eat your eggs when they're green-- and more nutritious too, of course! By blending spinach into your egg mixture you load up on tons of iron, protein, and vitamins from the dark leafy greens. From there, you can really fill up the frittata with anything you'd like-- a lovely and classic combo is goat cheese and tomatoes, but experiment with different fillings like mushrooms, onions, asparagus, potato, and of course ham!
This is a great meal option for anytime of day really. Healthy, easy, filling, and super fun to eat.
GREEN FRITTATA Makes 1 small/medium frittata
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond milk / water / organic milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (+ more to your liking)
- salt + pepper
- 1/4 log goat cheese
- handful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- basil + flaky sea salt for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place eggs, spinach, almond milk, garlic powder, and pinch of salt and pepper into a blender and mix to incorporate well-- you want the mixture to be green throughout.
3. Place a pan on the stove to medium heat, with a dash of olive oil to coat the bottom.
4. Put the egg mixture into the heated pan, then add in some of the halved cherry tomatoes and chunks of goat cheese.
5. Let the bottom of the frittata set a little bit. Add the remaining cherry tomatoes and goat cheese to the top of the frittata, and then place the pan into the preheated oven for about 5 or so minutes, or until the top starts to get a bit golden in color, and the frittata is set.
6. Garnish with basil, flaky sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty Photography by: Sasha Young