Mini Strawberry Donuts // Born Sweet™ Zing™ Baking Blend
Mini anything is A-OK in our books. Mini strawberry donuts? Perfection! Mini just tastes better and is better for you-- we really don't need to overeat, so keep your portions on the smaller side, especially when it comes to sweets! So when we bake treats at home, we like to keep it light and healthy but never sacrifice deliciousness.
These donuts just happen to be gluten and nut free, making them easier to digest. You can control your calorie intake too, thanks to Zing™ Baking Blend, which is made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar and has only 5 calories per serving. This unique combination of sweeteners bakes and browns like sugar and our donuts come out perfectly golden with fewer calories to boot. Less sweet-treat calories = more room to GLOW.
MINI STRAWBERRY DONUTS // ZING™ BAKING BLEND
- Mini donut tray
- Food processor
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree (blended in a food processor, requires about 2 cups strawberries) + keep some extra for the icing
- 1/4 cup Zingô Baking Blend
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
ICING + TOPPING:
- 1 cup Zingô Baking Blend
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree
- Drop of beet juice for color (optional)
- Organic sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, Zing™ Baking Blend), whisk to incorporate well
3. Place all wet ingredients into another bowl (eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and strawberry puree), whisk to incorporate well
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk it all together to make sure it is all incorporated well
5. Fill donut pan circles about 2/3 of the way full with batter.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool. Then remove from the pan gently to preserve your donut shape.
8. Dip cooled donuts into the icing for a nice even coat, then top with sprinkles.
Make this recipe, Instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty Photography by: Sasha Young