How perfect are deviled eggs?! We love them, but sometimes we just want a healthy and guilt-free version to make regularly for ourselves. Here's our go-to healthy version of deviled eggs. Deviled eggs are the perfect snack food-- lovely as h'orderves or a special treat for yourself. They're pretty easy to whip up and super tasty. If you're looking to healthify your deviled eggs, this recipe is a great base to work off of. We substitute greek yogurt for the mayonnaise, to add in some protein and eliminate some unnecessary fat. You can add tons of different flavors such as smoked salmon, chilis, or even avocado to the mixture to add some variety. Get creative!
NOT-SO-DEVILED EGGS Makes 12
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, cut length-wise
- 1/4 cup thick greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard (+ more if you love it)
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or onion powder
- Paprika for topping
- Chopped chives for topping
- optional: truffle oil, truffle salt
1. Remove yolks from hard-boiled eggwhites and place into a bowl
2. Add greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix up everything very well, you don't want any clumps (you can use a food processor if you'd like). Taste and see if it needs anymore of any of those ingredients. Add in truffle oil and/or truffle salt if using.
3. Place this yolk mixture into the corner of a ziplock bag, similar to a piping bag, and cut just the corner.
4. Gently pipe the yolk mixture back into the hard-boiled egg whites
5. Top with paprika spice and chopped chives.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty