Urban Palate's Edamame Mint Pesto Udon
Urban Palate, the dynamic food / service / decor catering boutique, shared with us an awesome udon noodle recipe they came up with alongside a dietician. Simple and delicious, with an Asian flare-- our kind of cooking. Urban Palate has teamed up with registered dietician Lauren Cornell, of Lauren Cornell Nutrition, to bring you a light and easy recipe that packs a hefty nutritional punch. This grilled veggie udon can be whipped up in minutes and is perfect as an entrée or a side dish served with a simply seared ahi tuna steak or grilled chicken breast.
Lauren breaks down exactly what you’re getting with this delicious Urban Palate dish:
With 340 calories, 14 grams of protein and 12 grams of fat per serving this dish an excellent source of protein, heart healthy fats, and energy to fuel your daily activities.
What we love about this nutrient rich recipe:
- It’s heavy on the antioxidants! Squash and baby carrots are both excellent sources of carotenoids and vitamin C.
- Garlic - has antibacterial properties and contains selenium (another anti-oxidant!).
- Mint – filled with vitamin A – promotes healthy skin and is calming on the digestive system.
- Olive oil – excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation and lower blood cholesterol levels
- The effects of these nutrients help to fight disease, reduce inflammation, and improve blood pressure!
UDON WITH EDAMAME MINT PESTO, GRILLED ORGANIC BABY SQUASH & ZUCCHINI RECIPE
- 2 c. edamame shelled
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cut chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions trimmed
- 1/4c. lime juice
- 1/4c. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1lb baby squash
- 1lb baby carrots
- 1lb udon noodles – cooked to package instructions
1. Put first 8 ingredients in a blender and whip up! Make sure its smooth like pesto and it should be bright green. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Grill up your veggies.
3. Serve both over warm udon noodles and enjoy! We love this as a base for a pasta salad as well, as it tastes great at room temp.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Photography by: Melissa Ryan of http://marbleryephotography.com/